Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Welcome Kim Jong Un...

Time always move forward and toward change. The news is a buzz with the announcement that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK or North Korea to the uninitiated) ruling Workers Party is set to hold a national conference on September 28th to announce that Kin Jong Il's son Kim Jong Un will be taking over as leader of the republic.

Everyone is predicting doom and gloom as always saying that he is even more ruthless than his father. All this is extreme speculation as not even a photograph exists of Kim Jong Un as an adult. What is know is that he is either 28 or 27 and he was educated in Switzerland. I don't know too much about the day to day situation is DPRK and I'm not praising any one. But something in me feels that Kim Jong Un coming to power can be good for the people of the DPRK. Reasons why...

1) He is of my Generation I'm 30 and he is 28 or 27. Now I have noticed that people born around the same time as me tend to be forward thinking (well a good majority at least, some just can be saved). So have a feeling he will be a welcome change form Kim Jong Il.

2) Maybe he will actually bring an end to the Korean war, yes the war never ended they only signed an armistice.

and 3) I have always felt that anyone over 40 is not to be trusted leading a country because when you reach a certain age you lose touch with the people. So we need more young leaders to take the reigns.

Well this blog is not that well thought out but I am looking optimistically to the "election" of Kim Jong Un and hopefully something good will come to the citizens of the DPRK.

No comments: